The Ministry of Treasury and Finance has allocated a guarantee limit to Kredi Garanti Fonu. SME and non-SME enterprises will be made available until 31.12.2020.
It is aimed to support exports within the scope of the package.
Source of the Guarantee
Relevant Organization/Financial Institutions
Export Credit Bank Of Turkey (Eximbank)
The grace period is maximum 12 months, the maturity is maximum 36 months.
Guarantee Limit and Guarantee Rate
- The Beneficiary will commit to the Bank that it will provide equal or more employment than the end of March 2020 as of the end of each quarter during the loan term. Controls will be provided by the Bank over SSI (Social Security Institution) records.
- It will be checked by the Bank whether the beneficiary has fulfilled its export commitment as much as the loan amount in accordance with the export commitment closing principles stated in the CBRT (Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey) rediscount loans.
Fee and Commission
- KGF collects one-time and in advance 0.3% of the amount of the guarantee for each guarantee for the use of the guarantee in exchange of guarantees. If the term of the guarantee is less than 1 year, comission is applied proportionally to the quarterly maturities. In the case of a configuration, a commission is collected from the beneficiaries in advance at 0.5% over the guarantee balance. In the configurations made until 31.12.2020, no commission is charged in case the Treasury guarantee risk does not increase and the maturity of the guarantee risk does not extend more than 6 months.
- The Bank may charge a one-time maximum advance commission of 0.2% of the loan for each loan, in return for the loan it grants. If the term of the loan is less than 1 year, the maximum rate is applied proportionally to the quarterly maturities.
- The Bank may impose a penalty of 150 basis points if the beneficiary fails to meet the employment requirement, and a penalty as specified in the CBRT rediscount credits if it fails to meet its export commitment. During the period when the commitment is not fulfilled, credit interest rate can be calculated from the current rate and accrued and collected. The responsibility of whether these amounts are collected and monitored in case of collection belongs to the Bank.
- In loans to be disbursed under the Treasury-funded KGF guarantee, the Bank cannot charge any additional fee other than the expenses to be paid for procedures to be fulfilled by third parties (appraisal, insurance etc.)
- Beneficiaries are required to be one of the individual proprietorships or legal entity businesses established in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Turkey, operating at home or in Free Zones in Turkey.
- There should be no decision of bankruptcy, liquidation, suspension of bankruptcy or composition for bankruptcy from the companies in which at least 25% of the shares are owned by the beneficiary or by the beneficiary and/or his/her partners jointly or individually.
- According to the most recent Credit Limit, Credit Risk and Receivables to be Liquidated Report issued by the Banks Association of Turkey Risk Centre by the date of application to the Bank, the Beneficiary should not be classified in the category of non-performing loans except for loans classified in the third and fourth group under the "Regulation on the Principles and Procedures Governing the Classification of Loans and Other Receivables by Banks and Corresponding Reserves to be Provided for Them", nor should be classified under receivables monitored in the account "Past-Due Loans and Receivables Qualified as Loss" under the provisions of the Regulation on Accounting Practices and Financial Statements of Financial Leasing, Factoring and Financing Companies published in the Official Gazette dated 24/12/2013 and numbered 28861,
- The loans to be allocated to beneficiaries under this Protocol is subject to the requirement that there should be no unpaid commission debt from previous periods.